WRONGFUL DEATH LAWYERS
By: Tom Carey
Carey Leisure & Neal will pursue a wrongful death claim resulting from an accident or the negligence of another person or corporation. We will provide compassionate assistance to the family members who have been emotionally and financially devastated because of the death of their loved one.
In a car crash involving wrongful death, the police are called to the scene and a full investigation is performed. The at-fault driver is usually given a citation. Typically, the reasons for wrongful death accidents involve the following:
- The driver did not obey traffic lights or stop signs
- The driver did not stop at a crosswalk
- The driver did not look before making a right turn
- The driver did not yield the right of way
- The driver did not follow posted speed limits
- The driver was distracted by talking on their phone or was texting while driving
- The driver was under the influence of alcohol or other illegal substances
Wrongful death can also occur due to negligent security or premises liability.
If your loved one was killed as the result of the negligence of another, we will recover compensation for the family members for the following:
- Direct expenses-medical bills and funeral costs
- Loss of benefits-what the deceased could have received in pension/retirement benefits
- Loss of future earnings-what the deceased would have earned in salary
- Loss of companionship-what the person who died would have emotionally provided in a relationship, including pain and suffering from the decedents’ death
- Punitive damages-the amount the defendant should be punished for his or her action resulting in the victim’s death, if it was the type of behavior for which the law allows punitive damages.
In a wrongful death case, the insurance company may not make a fair and reasonable offer or they may blame your loved one for having caused their own death. In this situation, Carey Leisure & Neal will file a lawsuit for you and will fight for your rights for recovery.
At Carey Leisure & Neal, Thomas Carey, Jodi Leisure and Katherine Neal are Board Certified in Civil Trial Law. At Carey Leisure & Neal we have handled thousands of cases. You’re not just a client, you’re family.
Call us now and receive a free no-obligation consultation and case evaluation. Our lawyers give clients their cell phone numbers and email addresses and can be reached 24/7. If you cannot come to our office, our lawyers will come to you. We pride ourselves on excellent communication, service and results. Contact us at (800) 927-0400 for a free no-obligation consultation and case evaluation.