Car Accident FAQ

Looking for answers? The Law Offices of Carey Leisure & Neal can help!

After a serious car accident, it is very likely that you need answers regarding car accident claims. The process of filing for compensation can be confusing, especially if you are not offered a fair settlement and need to go to trial. The best way to handle these situations is to hire an experienced Clearwater personal injury attorney from the very beginning to negotiate your settlement or provide aggressive litigation in a trial. Our legal team has more than 75 years of combined experience and is Board Certified in civil trial advocacy. Consult with a lawyer from our firm today for answers to any car accident question you may have.

Common Questions

When can I file a car accident claim?
As long as you were not responsible for your accident and consequent injuries, you have every right to file a claim. The only thing that makes you ineligible to recover compensation is if you were partially or totally liable for your accident. Our firm offers a free initial consultation, so speak with an attorney today to determine whether or not you have grounds to file a car accident claim.

How long do I have to file a claim?
According to the Florida statute of limitations (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 95.11), a car accident victim has four years from the date of their accident to file a claim for compensation. If the claim is for wrongful death, however, the claimant has two years to file before their chance for compensation is lost.

What kinds of damages can I recover?
Personal injury claims can recover all sorts of damages resulting from an accident. The claimant can obtain compensation for medical bills, mileage to and from doctors’ appointments, and property repairs. Other damages include pain and suffering, lost wages, and loss of life enjoyment. The latter are not easily measurable in financial terms, which is why it is to your best advantage to have an aggressive personal injury lawyer by your side to maximize your payout.

How much is my claim worth?
Since many of the damages caused by car accidents are not easily measurable in financial terms, such as pain and suffering or loss of life enjoyment, it is not possible to determine the exact value of any case. An attorney from the Law Offices of Carey Leisure & Neal, however, will have the knowledge and experience to estimate a relatively accurate value and fight relentlessly for such a recovery. We have handled countless personal injury cases and know, more or less, how much your claim should be awarded.

Why do I need a personal injury lawyer?
Attempting to file a car accident claim without legal counsel or representation will likely have a poor outcome. Only a lawyer will have the knowledge necessary to recover the amount you deserve for your claim. We have handled countless car accident cases and know what you deserve to receive and how to obtain it. Call our firm right away to learn more about what we can do for you.

Get More Answers Through a Free Consultation

Contact Carey Leisure & Neal immediately after a car accident of any kind. We can determine the amount of car accident compensation your case deserves and will fight relentlessly, either through negotiation or litigation, to recover your damages. Attorney Tom Carey has been rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell® and both he and Jodi Leisure have been included in Florida Super Lawyers®. If you are in need of excellent representation, call today or complete our online evaluation form to discuss your options with a skilled lawyer from our firm.