Hiring a law firm after an accident may seem overwhelming. However, it shouldn’t be. You need to ensure that your attorney is not only experienced in personal injury law, but that he or she is available to meet with you in person or on the phone to discuss your case. You should feel comfortable speaking to your attorney in an open and honest manner, without reservation.
Finding the “Right” Personal Injury Attorney
If you don’t already have a relationship with a personal injury law firm, you need to gather information and make an informed choice based upon the lawyer’s training and experience. Do your homework prior to retaining an attorney or law firm. You should always be given the opportunity to speak to a licensed personal injury attorney for a free consultation. If the law firm sends an investigator or does not allow you to speak with an attorney, that is a red flag.
You should know the following information prior to hiring a lawyer, so that you make a fully informed choice:
- How long have they been in practice?
- Do they specialize in personal injury cases?
- Is their client base mainly representing defendants or plaintiffs? (You want one that represents plaintiffs. Those who mainly work with defendants may be too closely tied to insurance companies.)
- Do they take cases to trial?
- How many cases have they taken to trial?
- Is your attorney Board Certified in civil trial law in Florida?
- Is your attorney supervised by Board Certified trial attorneys?
- Is your attorney willing to give you his or her cell phone number?
Less than 2% of Florida lawyers are Board Certified in civil trial law. Carey Leisure & Neal has three Board Certified civil trial attorneys and all attorneys work under the supervision of a Board Certified lawyer. Generally, law firms who take cases to trial, like Carey Leisure & Neal, typically obtain higher settlements because the insurance companies know their reputation for taking cases to trial.
The Law Firm of Carey Leisure & Neal
At Carey Leisure & Neal, we put the “personal” in personal injury law. We treat our clients like family and communicate openly from the first meeting through settlement. Our firm stands firmly behind the statements posted on the home page of our website:
- We concentrate on the fields of personal injury, wrongful death, and funeral home malpractice
- We have been the recipient of numerous awards and honors for both our legal ability and our ethics
- We take cases to trial
- We provide our clients with a team of experienced lawyers to handle your case
- We “wrote the book” on personal injury in Florida
- We provide free no-obligation consultations and we will come to you
- We are there for you 24/7 with no exceptions
- We readily give you our personal cell phone numbers
It’s important for your personal injury law firm to give you the personalized attention that you deserve. At Carey Leisure & Neal, we put the “personal” in personal injury law and you never pay us anything unless we win your case.
Call Carey Leisure & Neal for Legal Services in Clearwater, FL
Contact us at (727) 799-3900 for a free no-obligation consultation and case evaluation.