Florida law establishes that when the death of a person is caused by the wrongful act or negligence of another, a family member can sue on behalf of the deceased person. At Carey Leisure & Neal, we’ll provide zealous representation and seek justice while at the same time understanding with compassion that this is one of the most difficult periods of your life.
Wrongful death cases can result from a car accident or from Premise Liability. Regardless of the cause, we will seek recovery for the following:
- Direct Expenses: Medical bills and funeral costs.
- Loss of Benefits: The amount the deceased could have received a pension or retirement.
- Loss of Future Earnings: The amount the deceased would have earned as a salary.
- Loss of Companionship: Emotional support the deceased would have provided in a relationship.
- Pain and Suffering: The emotional effects of losing a loved one.
- Punitive Damages: An amount designed to punish the negligent person if applicable by law.
At Carey Leisure & Neal, we have decades of experience representing clients in wrongful death cases. All of our attorneys are Board Certified experts recognized as such within the legal industry. When you become our client, we are available for you 24/7.
Contact us at (727) 799-3900 for a free no-obligation consultation and case evaluation.